We are proud to bring to your our next offering of courses for Applied Genealogy Institute. The window for registration for AppGen Spring 2024 will open 19-25 January 2024. Mark your calendars and make sure you are on the Mailing List. Registration is a random draw, not “first come, first served.”
The Applied Genealogy Institute believes that applying what you have learned in class immediately to real problems in the homework is the best way to prepare to apply that learning in the future. Each of these instructors selects homework that illustrates the skills learned in class and applies them to problems that may be illustrative or related to your own work. As an attendee in a practicum-based course you should plan on devoting 5 to 10 hours a week to your homework.
Here are the AppGen offerings for Spring 2024:
- Architectural Ancestry: A Course in House History, Instructor: Jill Morelli, CG, CGL and FAIA Emeritus
- The Art of Self-Editing for Genealogists, Instructor: Pam Anderson, CG
- Bagging A Live One – Finding Living People, Instructor: Mary Kircher Roddy, CG
- DNA Foundations – Tools and Techniques, Instructor: Edward J. Swierczewski Jr.
- Using Google Earth Pro to Enhance and Share Your Research, Instructor: Marie Palmer
Don’t forget to sign up for the AppGen Mailing List to get the latest news and reminders.