How do I register for a course?
- Sign up on our Mailing List
- We will notify Mailing List members of the class offerings, the opening of the registration window and other opportunities
- Registration window will be open for 7 days.
- Fill out the registration form noting your course preferences.
- At the end of the registration window AppGen will assess and place individuals into their first preference to the extent possible.
- If a course is over-subscribed, AppGen will institute a lottery system for placement.
- If a course is under-subscribed, all individuals will be placed in their preferred course.
- You will then be notified of your course placement.
- Once you are notified of your class placement you pay electronically at the “Store.”
It does not matter when you sign up during the window. It is NOT first come, first served, but do not hesitate.
What is your payment policy?
Prompt payment by PayPal is expected within seven (7) days after you are notified of your placement in a course. Failure to pay for your course reservation within 7 days after AppGen notifies you of your classroom placement will result in cancellation of your placement and an assessment of a $50 administrative fee which covers administrative costs.
What is your cancellation policy?
Cancellation refund requests, subject to the same $50 cancellation fee, must be received in writing no later than 30 days before the start of the course. No refunds if cancelled 29 days or less. Any owed cancellation fees will be carried over to the following year. There is no charge for transferring between courses in the same semester. Within the limitations outlined, contact Pam Anderson (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let her know you wish to cancel.
How much does a course cost?
We are committed to paying where it reaps the most benefits for you. We do that by paying our teachers really well and having the lowest overhead. No swag. Each course is presently priced at $300.
How will you communicate with me?
There are multiple ways we will communicate with you:
- sign up for the AppGen Mailing List
- sign up on our Facebook page (Applied Genealogy Institute (AppGen))
- We aren’t active yet on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest, but will be.
Will there be an orientation?
Yes, not elaborate, but an informal “meet and greet” with the instructors.
Will the class size really be kept to 15?
Yes, we are committed to a small class size.
Will the classes be recorded?
Yes, we will record the sessions and make them available for students in the class. Some segments may not be helpful to record, such as the times the class goes into break out sessions. The instructor will determine whether to continue recording or not. The recordings will be available for only a short time after the class is completed and will not be downloadable.
I would love to teach in your institute! Is that possible?
The Call for Proposals for winter/spring 2022 is issued. Start thinking about where your expertise lies and how your program might be structured. You can find out more at the Call for Proposal page.
Good! So are we.