The Applied Genealogy Institute (AppGen) is a new venture by three practicing genealogists and successful instructors–Mary Kircher Roddy, CG; Lisa S. Gorrell, CG and Jill Morelli, CG. Their many years of teaching experience coupled with your desire to learn will make your learning adventure a success.
Applied Genealogy Institute provides the student with a great genealogical educational experience with a high degree of instructor-student interaction utilizing a practicum-based approach. The founders believe that “Learn by Doing” is a more effective way to gain knowledge by putting those newly learned skills to use immediately.
Why not sign up for our Mailing List so you are the first to hear about our next great series of educational opportunities? If you are speaker with a niche of expertise, consider submitting a proposal. You can find the particulars and the preliminary proposal form at the Call for Proposals page.
We know that…
- There is a demand for strong intermediate and advanced genealogy education and we aim to provide it.
- Practical problems which teach by doing enhance student learning and provide concrete skills.
- Small classes provide a high degree of instructor interaction including consultations and timely review of the homework.
- Many people cannot afford– in time or money– the in-person institute experience. AppGen provides education to those who can’t leave home for a solid week of classes because of work, family obligations, or other personal circumstances.
- The founders have structured AppGen to utilize the best aspects of our own personal experiences.
- AppGen’s registration is easy! You will have a set period of time to register (days, not hours) with no advantage given to when you signed up as long as it is within the window. If there are more students than the maximum number, a lottery system will be instituted.
If you haven’t already–here is the link for the Mailing List! The Winter/Spring 2022 class schedule and registration window will be announced after the first of the year.
Jill Morelli, CG
Lisa S. Gorrell, CG
Mary Kircher Roddy, CG